Friday 22 April 2016

THE EDITORIAL 04 // NEGATIVE SPACE

hola,

The past few weeks I have been thinking that I should do another post in my series THE EDITORIAL. I have been thinking very hard about what it should be about and while I was looking through my camera I found all these photos of a focus point, been a roof or a tree with a lot of sky in the background. I immediately thought that this was negative space and I knew that it would be the next post for the series.

I think negative space is where you have one focus point and then around it you have lots of empty space, some examples would include the sky, the ground, the ocean, a table top, anything really! These pictures look really nice at sunsets where you may have an object or someone standing taking a picture of the sunset with lots of space around that focus point. Now because I am no photography expert, I don't know if this is the true meaning of negative space but that's what I think about when someone says I have taken a photo with lots of negative space.

I hope you enjoy these examples of negative space!

You can view all the other posts in The Editorial here.
Much Love - Brooke x












No comments:

Post a Comment